Professor, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry Georgia Institute of Technology
Ph.D., University of Western Ontario, 1985; B.Sc., University of Western Ontario, 1980
- Art Ragauskas has been named the recipient of TAPPI’s 2014 Gunnar Nicholson
Gold Medal Award
- Arthur J. Ragauskas is the 2014 recipient of the ACS Award for Affordable Green Chemistry sponsored by Dow Chemical and endowed by Rohm and Haas
Listed below are some recent and notable publications by Dr. Art J. Ragauskas:
- Article Title: “Supression of pseudo-lignin formation under dilute acid pretreatment conditions.”
Author(s): Hu, F.; Ragauskas
Journal Name: RCS Advances
For more details, visit: http://pubs.rsc.org/EN/content/articlelanding/2014/ra/c3ra42841a#!divAbstract
- Article Title: “Ice templated and cross-linked xylan/nanocrystalline cellulose hydrogels”
Author(s): Köhnke, T.; Elder, T.; Theliander, H.; Ragauskas
Journal Name: Carbohydrate Polymers
For more details, visit: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014486171300310X
- Article Title: “Structural Characterization of Lignin in Wild-type versus COMT Down-regulated Switchgrass”.
Author(s): Samuel, R.; Pu, Y.; Jiang, N.; Fu, C,; Wang, Z.Y. Ragauskas, A.
Journal Name: Frontiers in Bioenergy and Biofuel
For more details, visit: http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fenrg.2013.00014/full
- Article Title: “The effect of deuteration on the structure of bacterial cellulose”
Author(s): Bali, G.; Foston, M.B.; O’Neill, H.M.; Evans, B. R.; He, J.; Ragauskas, A.J.
Journal Name: Carbohydrate Research
For more details, click: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0008621513001377
- Article Title: “Assessing the molecular structure basis for biomass recalcitrance during dilute acid and hydrothermal pretreatments”
Author(s): Pu, Y.; Hu, F; Huang, F.; Davison, B. H.; Ragauskas, A.J.
Journal Name: Biotechnology for Biofuels
For more information, visit: http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1754-6834-6-15.pdf
- Article Title: “The Comparison for the compositions of fast and slow pyrolysis oils by NMR characterization.”
Author(s): Ben H.; Ragauskas, A.J.
Journal Name: Bioresource Technology
For more details, visit: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24013295
- Article Title: “Hydrodeoxygenation by deuterium gas – a powerful way to provide insight into the reaction mechanisms.”
Author(s): Ben, H.; Ferguson, G.A.; Mu, W.; Pu, Y.; Huang, F.; Jarvis, M.; Biddy, M; Deng, Y.; Ragauskas, A.J.
Journal Name: Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics.
For more information, click: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2013/CP/C3CP53409J#!divAbstract
- Article Title: “Production of renewable gasoline from aqueous phase hydrogenation of lignin pyrolysis oil”
Author(s): Ben, H.; Mu, W.; Deng, Y.; Ragauskas, A.J.
Journal Name: Fuel.
For more information, visit: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001623611200676X