Southern Medical University, China
Southern Medical University, the former First Military Medical University, was founded in October 1951 and notarized as one of the premier medical universities in 1978. The university was handed over to the local government of Guangdong Province and meanwhile renamed as Southern Medial University, in line with the command by the State Department and the Central Military Committee of PLA in August 2004. At present, the university has been authorized by the Department of Education as a key medical university.
Jinan University, China
There are many special features that Jinan University can be proud of:
- one of the oldest universities in China and one of the “211” key national universities in China
- the 1st university in China that recruits foreign students
- the 1st university in China that enrolls students at both spring and autumn semesters
- the 1st university that pioneered the implementation of credit system in China
- the university with the largest number of overseas students
- the only university that finds her alumni in both Chinese and foreign state-level leaders in China.
The name of the university “Jinan” comes from “The Tribute of Yu” in the Book of History, one of the Confucian Classics, which reads, “Reaching Eastward to the North and South, we shall spread the culture far and wide”.
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University was originally established as a private German school founded by young scholars trained by the German educator Rudolf Lehmann with the goal of teaching Western medicine and pharmaceutics in the German language. The University is the second oldest private pharmacy school in Japan with a long history and tradition; we celebrated our 130th anniversary in 2014. As expressed in our motto “Philosophia et Praktikos,” the founding principles of the University are to be independent and self-reliant, to commit to lifelong learning, and to put the lessons into practice. Over the years, more than 22,000 graduates have pursued careers in the pharmaceutical industry, hospitals, pharmacies, universities, and government agencies, where they have been recognized for excellence.