Osteoarthritis is among the most common problems faced by women. Men also contract this problem but are fewer in count compared to women. Osteoarthritis, or arthritis, renders the bones and joints to hurt causing serious hampering in movements. These aches in joints are due to the cartilages covering the bones. With age and other hereditary reasons also, the cartilages coating the bones start to stiffen and thus break. This results in friction and, at worse, erosion of bones.
Here are a few tips for women who are bearing this painful problem:
- Being overweight aggravates osteoarthritis so it is essential to lose weight.
- Dietary habits affect a great deal. Women must take a good amount of Calcium supplements, Vitamin C and Vitamin D. Sunlight is required to keep the Vitamin D level on the higher side.
- Exercises are the best solution to osteoarthritis. Women need to keep active and quit lethargy. There are particular routines that provide immense assistance in keeping the joints and bones strong.
- Similarly, muscles must be kept strong with regular exercise. Muscles are connected to joints and if they get weak the pain increases faster. Stronger muscles keep the joints well in motion.
- Inflammations and pain are part and parcel for osteoarthritis. It is advisable for women to keep hot and cold packs with them. Treating joints to hot packs help relieve the pain while cold packs take care of inflammations. But both should not be used together!
The best tip for the sufferers is to enjoy life. Fun is the only cure for such persistent problems like osteoarthritis.
To women around the world: Enjoy life and a very blessed International Women’s Day 2016!!
For all your issues related to health check out our journal: Current Women’s Health Reviews
You must be logged in to post a comment.