Nanjing Medical University, China
Nanjing Medical University was founded in 1934 as Jiangsu Provincial College of Health Policy and Management. In 1993, it was renamed Nanjing Medical University. It is one of the key universities sponsored by Jiangsu Province.
The university has two campuses, Wutai and Jiangning. The university consists of seventeen schools and one independent school (Kangda School). It has twenty-three affiliated hospitals and more than fifty teaching hospitals in Jiangsu, Shanghai, Zhejiang, and Shandong Provinces. Presently the university has more than fifteen hundred employees, including one academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, one “Chang Jiang Scholar” Distinguished Visiting Professor, two recruited global experts from the National “Thousand Talent” Program, six winners of the China National Funds for Distinguished Young Scientists, one winner of the National Award for Distinguished Teachers, five winners of the funds from New Century Excellent Talent Support Program of the Ministry of Education, nine Jiangsu Specially-Appointed Professors, three “State-Level Teaching Teams”, and one “Innovation Team” from the Ministry of Education.
China Pharmaceutical University, China
China Pharmaceutical University (CPU), situated in the historical and cultural city of Nanjing, is one of the “211 project” key universities affiliated to the Ministry of Education of China. It has been known for its long history and its leadership role in China’s pharmaceutical academic field. The University was founded in 1936 as China’s first independent four-year National College of Pharmacy. The University integrated the pharmacy schools from Qilu University and Soochow University in 1952 to establish the East China College of Pharmacy. It was renamed as Nanjing College of Pharmacy in 1956. In 1986, the current China Pharmaceutical University was established on the basis of the former Nanjing College of Pharmacy and the then newly established Nanjing College of Traditional Chinese Pharmacy. Over the past 80 years since its establishment, the University has been sticking to the motto of “Dedicated to Academic Excellence and Devoted to Public Health” and adopts the developmental strategy of “Beyond Pharmacy, Around Pharmacy and For Pharmacy”.
Mangalore University, India
Mangalore University campus at Mangalagangothri, located about 20 km to the south-east of the historic coastal town of Mangalore, sets the tone for the educational endeavors of the three districts under the jurisdiction of the University. It is a picturesque campus that sprawls over 333 acres, overlooking the confluence of the river Nethravathi with the Arabian Sea on the one side, and the cloud-capped Western Ghats on the other. It grew out of a modest post-graduate centre of the University of Mysore to become the focal point of an independent University in 1980. The campus, which once housed a mere three postgraduate departments, now has twenty-five postgraduate departments, supported by modern infrastructure and experienced faculty.
IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Italy
The Burlo was recognized Institute of Hospitalization and Health Care (IRCCS) dated December 10, 1968. It is characterized as highly specialized hospital of national importance in the pediatric sector and in the protection of motherhood and women’s health. It pursues research purposes in the biomedical field and in the organization of health services, innovative models of assistance and knowledge transfer. It also supplies of hospitalization and treatment with high qualification to minors, pregnant women, nursing mothers and women with gynecological diseases, to Italian and foreign citizens.
The Institute is home to educational and research activities and university diagnostic services, the nature and functioning are governed by a specific agreement with the University of Trieste.
Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris (National School of Chemistry, Paris), Paris
Established in 1896, École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris (English: National Graduate School of Chemistry, Paris) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the metropolis of Paris, Ile-de-France. Officially accredited/recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, France, École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris (Chimie ParisTech) is a very small (enrollment range: under-250 students) coeducational higher education institution. École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris (Chimie ParisTech) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees in several areas of study. Chimie ParisTech also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sport facilities and/or activities, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.