Auckland University of Technology Library, New Zealand
AUT was founded as Auckland Technical School in 1895, offering evening classes only. Daytime classes began in 1906 and its name was changed to Auckland Technical College. In 1913 it was renamed Seddon Memorial Technical College. In the early 1960s educational reforms resulted in the separation of secondary and tertiary teaching; two educational establishments were formed; the tertiary (polytechnic) adopting the name Auckland Technical Institute (ATI) in 1963 and the secondary school continuing with the same name. For three years they co-existed on the same site, but by 1964 the secondary school had moved to a new site in Western Springs and eventually became Western Springs College. In 1989 ATI became Auckland Institute of Technology (AIT), and the current name was adopted when university status was granted in 2000.
University of Belgrade Library, Serbia
The University of Belgrade is the oldest and the largest university in Serbia. Founded in 1808 as the Belgrade Higher School in revolutionary Serbia, by 1838 it merged with the Kragujevac-based departments into a single university. The University has nearly 90,000 students (including aroundk 1,700 postgraduates) and over 4,200 members of teaching staff. Since its founding, the University has educated more than 330,000 bachelors, around 21,300 magisters, 29,000 specialists and 12,600 doctors. The University comprises 31 faculties, 11 research institutes, the university library, and 7 university centres. The faculties are organized into 4 groups: social sciences and humanities; medical sciences; natural sciences and mathematics; and technological sciences.
Biblioteca del Centro de Química Orgánica Lora Tamayo (Center Library Lora Tamayo Organic Chemistry), Spain
The Library Center of Organic Chemistry “Lora Tamayo” is a service support research and other activities related to institutional objectives of the Centre. It manages the funds of the three institutes that are integrated in the center; Institute of Polymer Science and Technology ITCP, Institute of Medical Chemistry -IQM- and Institute of Organic Chemistry -IQOG-
The Library is located on the first floor of the Center for Organic Chemistry “Lora Tamayo”. It has reading room, newspaper library, warehouse and office. It is part of the Library Network CSIC. Users of the Library Center of Organic Chemistry “Lora Tamayo” can access from the center and from home, the digital collection of the CSIC, books and full text electronic journals, databases, digitized documents and a selection Of several thousand resources for research on the Internet.
Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute, Russia
The M.M. Shemyakin–Yu.A. Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences came into existence initially under the name of the Institute for Chemistry of Natural Compounds by a decree of the Russian academy of sciences Presidium issued in February, 1959. The foundation of the Institute and its further development are inseparably linked with the names of outstanding scientists Professor M.M. Shemyakin and Professor Yu.A. Ovchinnikov. Since 1988 the Institute is under the directorship of Professor V.T. Ivanov famous for his investigations of the structure and function of peptides — the ubiquitous bioregulators, playing key roles in a number of biochemical processes.
Eskişehir Osmangazi Üniversitesi, Turkey
Eskişehir Osmangazi University (ESOGU) is a state university that dates back to the foundation of the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture and the Faculty of Letters and Applied Sciences in 1970. These pioneering faculties became the founders of Anadolu University in 1972. These three faculties together with Eskişehir School of Health, Eskişehir Vocational School of Health Services, Institutes of Health Sciences, Metallurgy, and Applied Sciences, newly founded Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences and Institute of Social Sciences have formed Eskişehir Osmangazi University on 18 August 1993. Afterward other faculties and higher schools were founded.