Medical University of Bialystok is a renowned, dynamically expanding institution of higher education, distinguished among Polish academic centers.
The University staff members offer high standard of teaching and are an opinion- forming milieu in the region. Among all 784 academic teachers, there are 119 professors and 147 habilitated doctors. This ratio is one of the highest among all Polish universities.
The Main Library of the Medical University of Białystok, situated in the magnificent Branicki Palace, was established in June of 1950. The University Library is responsible for providing traditional library services, assisting with students’ education and facilitating scientific research. It is currently the largest medical library in northeastern Poland, servicing the Podlaskie and Warmia-Mazuria provinces.